30 June 2008

the worst kind of anniversary

Today is the 1 year anniversary of Hunter's death.

Time doesn't heal.... it just makes it easier to not fall apart in public.
I know that inevitably more death is coming.
It makes it hard to grasp why tragic loss HAS to happen... and happens often.
I have lost a whole lot of faith during the past year.
(Specific instances and also in a general sense)
Now I just hope to gain that faith back but it's hard when senseless things happen and humans remain imperfect and impervious to selfish motives and vices.
Now I figuratively take a step back- and try to view the bigger picture instead of focusing on specific tragedy and/or human infraction.
It sounds great and all in theory- but in practice I feel as though I am setting myself up for disappointment by harboring any expectation in regard to anything.
The ups of life are good and all but it's like carbon offsets and the environment..... the upsides seem like they will never make up for the injustices in the world.

R.I.P. Hunter Ward.

No comments: