12 June 2008

I bought music! I never do that!

I purchased the following cds yesterday:
-Lil Wayne- The Carter III
-Duffy- Rockferry

surprisingly, the salesperson didnt give me any weird looks or remarks about the weird juxtaposition of those two artists...
Duffy reminds me of Amy Winehouse because her voice is smoky and soulful- and sounds like it would be coming out of a black lady instead of a young white girl from England.
Thankfully, I dont think Duffy is addicted to hard drugs like Amy Winehouse....
Amy obviously has some deeper issues than just her drug abuse- but she's not getting help for either.
It bums me out.
(this is kindof like when Elliott Smith died, I totally cried and was upset even though i never knew him or even saw him live- i felt an emotional attachment to his well being by listening to his vulnerabilities in his music. its the same thing with Amy Winehouse.)


Anyway, I havent been able to get through the whole Lil Wayne cd yet- but from what I have heard thus far- he has a tendency to sound like a beatnik poet instead of a rapper. very strange.

and also:

Dear T-Pain,
i am angry with you for introducing electronic voice stuff to Lil Wayne.
Now he's using and abusing that stuff to no end.
The electronic voice manipulation gives the illusion of on-key "semi-singing"-
which gave birth to that giant turd of a song, Lollipop.
Now Lil Wayne uses that electronic crap entirely too much and I blame you!

Thanks alot, Asshole!

Amanda


oh, and I haven't even opened the Duffy cd yet. I listened to bits and pieces of it while at soundwaves-
I mainly bought the cd because of the single- i figured the rest of it would be in the same vein. We'll see.



Lastly, I regret to inform you that the Colbert Report is offically WAY better than the Daily Show.
We're talking miles away from one another. :(

No comments: